Thursday, April 14, 2011

Painting sign's is what really got me started.

Last fall I desided it was time for me to find some kind of job to help out with some of the bills that were piling up on us.  I knew I couldn't get a 9-5 job because we have 4 kids & I would be paying more in daycare & gas just so I could "work".  So my husband asked me what it was I liked to do & that's how this whole thing started.

I knew that I loved to paint & I was forever on the hunt for new primitive sign's everytime I was going into a primitive shop.  But I would rarely ever buy one because they were so expencive.   So for Christmas I used all of my family as guinea pig's & painted EVERYBODY sign's.  I had such a great reaction from them that it really encouraged me to try to sell them. 

Within 1 month I had my little sign's in 5 different shop's & the rest is history.  I sell a lot of sign's to the local people in my surrounding area thru facebook.  I have yet to sell any that I will need to ship out.  I am not really interested in that just yet because I don't really have all the right boxes to be able to ship them.  Plus that would end up raising the cost of the product because they will also be paying a shipping cost as well.

 I love this sign.  It is a pretty good seller for me.  I think that this statement is so true.
 I love my Laundry room signs.  I used a sage green color here & put dark walnut gel stain over it. 
 This is a dark chocolate color & I actually have this one hanging in my own kitchen above one of my doors. 
 This is also one of my favorites.  But then again I love them all.

 I was going for a little garden sign here & added some wild flower's on each corner.  I have made several different garden sign's.  I even have them hanging on my own picket fences outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment